Friday, January 26, 2007

Thank you Treo

Last night Marilze asked me to go for a walk with her down by the beach. I grabbed my camera and cellphone and we headed out. We got there just as the sun was going down. I grabbed by Konica-Minolta DIMAGE Z5 and got ready to take some pictures.


Now this camera was trashed by a lot of reviewers when it first came out and I've had to send it back to the factory one because the auto-focus quit working. But other than that I have been more than pleased with it.
As I get ready to take my first shot, an alarm on my camera goes off. Then the screen shows that there is no memory card. I had been copying pictures from the SD card earlier and I forgot to put it back in the camera.

I was packing it up when I suddenly realized that I had my cellphone with me. My Treo 650 and it had a PNY 2 gig SD card sitting in it's memory slot.

I took the SD card out as quickly as possible, which was quite a job because of its second skin case.

Now usually this memory card is loaded with a movie or some TV shows that I watch when standing in line at the bank, post office, lottery house, any government office, etc. When I lived in Nashville I got upset if there were three or four people ahead of me. Now as soon as I see the line I have to determine if I will be there waiting enough time to watch an episode of Newhart or Stargate.

I had about 400 meg free on the card so I took about 140 pics. I have always loved my Treo but this just made me love it more. Here is an example of what I would have missed if not for my Treo. You can see more on my Flickr site.


2 comments:

Kerry Woo said...

Some good McGyver thinking there Mark - I always carry 3 extra SD cards in my camera pouch; also a spare battery fully charged... great photos - I have really enjoyed the Flickr sets.

Anonymous said...

But Kerry your Asian.