Monday, January 15, 2007

I Knew This Day Was Coming....

A little over 17 years ago, when I found out that my first child was a baby girl, I knew that someday some boy was going to start hanging around too much and made a nuisance of himself. That day has come.



Rodrigo actually started his pursuit of my little girl while I was out of the country (I have to give him props on that - smart move on his part). But he did man up and ask permission to date her when I got home. This past Saturday night, he took it a step further.



Since he is still breathing and has no gaping wounds in his body, you can understand that this doesn't mean what you think it means. This is the Brazilian version of going steady. Instead of giving your girl your Cohn High School class ring, you both wear what appear to be wedding bands on your right hand. I see it as Rodrigo trying to mark his territory but that's ok by me because that just means I only have to keep my eye on one of these rascals.

I guess that Rodrigo is a good enough kid. He's a hard worker and helps support his family. He's very involved in our church. He is a gaucho, which is someone from the state of Rio Grande do Sul, the state right below us. I guess the best thing I can say about him is that he's not from Fairview.

Still doesn't settle too well with me though...

2 comments:

Mike Christian said...

Why not go ahead and give him a couple of wounds. For me, just to keep him in check.

Kerry Woo said...

Is he wearing a white belt underneath that t-shirt? Better check!

Nonetheless pretty cool - I can't imagine going steady for 11 years 364 days 23 hours...