Friday, February 2, 2007

This Ain't Gatlinburg



This afternoon, the wife and I decided to drive across the river to where all the fishermen live. We buy fish directly from them so we can get it just as they bring it in. We bought some shrimp, salmon and some fish that tastes good but I don't know it's name.


We decided to take the scenic route back to look at the beaches. Brazil has more beaches than any other country in the world. I have no idea how many beaches there are around here but there are a lot of them. We got out and walked around this one for a moment and I took a few pictures.

On the way back, I saw a sign that someone had chalets to rent. We've had a few people ask about coming here and staying on the beach so I decided to take a look. This is what I found.






Just across the way were these beauties:





These badboys have asbestos roofs. They must be hotter than the prison sweatbox in Cool Hand Luke. I can't imagine traveling to one of the world's most beautiful places and staying in one of these dumps but all of them were full.

These chalets made the old La Hacienda Motel on Murfreesboro rd look like Opryland Hotel.

Thank goodness the chalet where we stayed on our honeymoon in Gatlinburg didn't look like this. Marilze probably would have gone back to Brazil on her own.

No comments: