Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Heading North


The last few days I have been pretty lax about updating this blog. I have been really busy because I am heading to the Pantanal wetlands tomorrow.

This is one place I love to visit. As some of you know we are starting a fishing tour business to take Americans fishing on the Paraguay River, which is the main watersource of the Pantanal. Just so you can grasp what this place is like, it is 25 times larger than the Florida Everglades.




I honestly had never seen as much wildlife as I did on my last trip there. It is pretty amazing. And there are millions of caiman crocodiles.




This is my favorite picture I've ever taken. I was about 5 feet away from this badboy. 'Course I was in a boat. Mama didn't raise no fool.

Anyway, Rogerio and I are heading up there for a week of meetings with government officials, hotel owners, tourist agencies, etc. We are also planning on 3 or 4 days of heavy fishing.

I plan on blogging throughout the trip if possible. No wifi there but there are a couple of internet cafes.

If you want to see my other photos from the Pantanal, they are on my Flickr site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westnashvillegringo

You can also check out our site for Brazilian fishing excursions at:

http://www.fishbigfish.com

And our fishing blog at:

http://fishbigfish.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does a kid from Fatherland St. end up in the wetlands of South America? Life is amazing, isn't it?

West Nashville Gringo said...

I don't know about amazing. Confusing maybe.

Anonymous said...

great post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did any one learn that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel