Monday, April 23, 2007

That's Bull


Saturday, just two days after my LASIK surgery, I was feeling pretty good so Marilze and I decided to drive to Blumenau, a city about 40 miles from us that was founded by German immigrants.

On our way back I decided to stop at a tourist store. Kind of our version of Stucky's. This place had a small donkey for kids to ride and this huge bull that actually had a saddle on its back. They would let you climb up if you wanted but I wasn't about to do that. I'm still suffering with back problems from a mechanical bull ride six years ago.

They let me hold the reins and Marilze snapped the picture. This is by far the biggest Brahma bull I have ever seen. The hump in the middle of its back is called the cupim and is absolutely delicious. When I first tried it (more than 20 years ago) I thought it would be tough but it is more tender than any other cut of beef.

I tried to get Marilze to climb up on it so I could take a picture. Since I have no picture to show, you can imagine what here response was.

No comments: