Thursday, April 19, 2007

Going Under The Knife



I haven't been writing much this week because I was working updating our fishing video and preparing to update our website. The new website should be up by the weekend and you can see the new video in the post below this one.

I have also been visiting my eye doctor. Just before we got married (almost 20 years ago) I got some fiberglass insulation in my right eye. About 7 or 8 years later, tiny piece of it started working their way back out of my eye. It was a painful as you can imagine and left a lot scars.

I went through a procedure where they shave off the top layer of your eye to reduce the thickness of the scars. More pain. Excruciating pain.

I have had a lot of problems with nightblindness, especially driving at night. I see halos around streetlights and headlights. It can be really annoying. My eye doctor said I was a good candidate for PTK, a type of LASIK surgery.

I will have the surgery in about 3 1/2 hours. He is also going to correct my vision so I won't have to wear glasses any longer. I've been wearing glasses for over 30 years so the idea of not having to wear them is awesome.

I will give regular updates about how I am doing. According to my doctor, my recuperation time is about two weeks.

1 comment:

Kerry Woo said...

How much extra for XRay vision?